NYSE® Zebra Edge® Index
A behavioral finance strategy designed to provide consistent returns
- Objective – Aims to achieve higher returns with less risk than a traditional large-cap equity strategy
- Approach – Quantitative low volatility
- Holdings – U.S. large-cap equities, U.S. Treasuries, cash
- Ticker – ZEDGENY
- Features – Equity portfolio drawn from the 500 largest publicly traded U.S. companies1
“Behavioral finance could be the key to higher returns with less risk.”
Roger G. Ibbotson, PhD.
- Chairman and Chief Investment Officer, Zebra Capital Management
- Professor Emeritus, Yale School of Management
- Founder of Ibbotson Associates, now a Morningstar Company
Zebra equity selection process
NYSE® applies a risk control methodology that makes daily adjustments to the allocations between the Zebra Equities, U.S. Treasuries and an interest-free cash account. This daily re-allocation further reduces risk when markets are volatile, moving rapidly up or down.
Sector breakdown & index weighting
Zebra Capital Management, LLC is an independent investment management firm managing equity-focused investment strategies. Founded in 2001 by Roger Ibbotson, Professor Emeritus of Finance at Yale University, Zebra has successfully combined his leading-edge research and scientific methods with decades of direct trading, risk management, and operational experience. Zebra’s strategies seek to generate superior performance without incurring additional volatility.